With the end of the year fast approaching and a new one around the corner, it’s time to take stock of our channel programs and be honest about what needs to change. After 30 years in the trenches with the world’s top channel orgs, if we’ve learned anything, it’s that every company’s approach to the channel needs to evolve on a yearly basis. The halls of corporate history are littered with the skeletons of channel teams that took their partners for granted and let them die from malnourishment.
- Regularly ditching those beautiful partner tools cluttering your portal that nobody touched,
- Getting rid of outdated, disconnected automation systems,
- Saying farewell to that ‘dud’ CAM in EMEA who everybody likes but never really had any business being on the channel team (come on, you know the one),
- Making sure you are measuring as much as you can with modern technology,
- And generally staying at least one step ahead of your competition in the ‘partner engagement race,’ which is truly accelerating every year.
In the spirit of new beginnings, the CCI team will be convening for another webinar event on December 3rd where we’ll take a look at this year’s channel ‘dinosaurs’…those practices and systems that are better left in the dustbin of history. Please join us!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chris Becwar, Director of Marketing and Strategic Alliances at CCI
As Director of Marketing and Strategic Alliances, Chris leads CCI’s efforts to define new products, expand and strengthen strategic relationships, and grow market share. His experience spans leadership roles in product management, marketing, channel, and alliances. A veteran of both start-up and large enterprise environments, he brings in-depth knowledge of successful global channel engagement in the B2B and B2C arenas.